ClimbAID is a non-profit organisation that aims to foster the physical and psycho-social development of refugee children and teenagers through climbing.
Climbing stimulates the mind, fosters their physical development, builds a sense of
community and cultivates feelings of accomplishment.
Climbing helps to cope with the psychological stress of conflict and the social
marginalisation many experiences from living at the edge of society.
ClimbAID will facilitate inter-cultural exchange through a sport, which creates
positive emotions and connects individuals through a universal language.
Maximinimum is a joint initiative of ClimbAID and the Minimum Bouldering Gym, which allows refugees to participate in bouldering sessions and interact with Zurich’s climbing community. Our plan is to have no plan, but simply having a good time and sharing the pleasures of a good bouldering session.
As of today, ClimbAID organises maxiMiNimum sessions three times a week with AOZ (Asyl Organisation Zürich) and welcome2school. Let us know if you want to participate!
Find out more
A Rolling Rock
Building a mobile climbing wall on a truck, drive it from one refugee camp to another and climb with the kids?
That’s exactly what ClimbAID’s project “A Rolling Rock” in Lebanon is about; our goal is to build a climbing wall on a truck and bring climbing activities to refugee and underprivileged Lebanese children in Lebanon.
Find out more
How to Support
You can always help us with:
- Donating or organising a fundraising event
- Sharing and liking our Facebook page and Instagram account
- Talking about A ROLLING ROCK with your friends, colleagues and promote it in your climbing gym
- Forwarding this page to people who might be able to help
- Graphic design, website programming and help with social media
- Translations from English to German to Arabic (website, climbing vocabulary, flyers, posters, etc.)
- Volunteering for our maxiMiNimum Project in Zurich
- Found a local ClimbAID cell in your city
Specifically, apart from money donations, we are looking for donations and favourable prices of the following:
- 1 truck (get in contact with us for details)
- 100 sqm of 21 mm birch plywood
- 500 climbing holds and bolts
- 15 cm x 80 sqm foam material (100 kg/m3 and 20 kg/m3)200 sqm of robust plastic plain
- 150 pairs of climbing shoes in different sizes
- 150 sqm of robust canvas
- Aluminium rods
- Insurance policies for the truck
- Transportation opportunities to Lebanon
Bank transfers can be made via our account with
PostFinance: IBAN CH0209000000617241471, ClimbAID, Neugasse 85, 8005 Zürich